- Raye Hendrickson grew up in Aylsham, Saskatchewan, and has lived in Regina for most of her adult life. She loves her work as a Registered Massage Therapist.
Raye has loved words her whole life, and began writing poetry in the 1990s. Raye completed the SWG Mentorship Program with poet Barbara Klar in 2005. Writing allows her to inhabit the inner workings of our bodies and spirit, and the outer reaches of space. Her poems explore the intricacies of relationships, and the mysteries and curiosities of science and nature.
Her first book of poetry, Five Red Sentries, was released by Thistledown Press in May 2019 and is shortlisted for two 2020 Saskatchewan Book Awards.
- Teaching/Instruction » Professional Development Workshops
- Five Red Sentries. Thistledown Press, 2019
- Celebrate YOU
- Group Size:How do you celebrate yourself? How do you get personal with yourself? How can you share yourself with others? This is a half- or full day workshop incorporating writing exercises that will assist you in telling your personal stories.
- Write Your Life
- Group Size:Why is it important that you write about your life? How do you begin? What do people need to hear from you? This is a half- or full day workshop incorporating writing exercises that will assist you to explore your life.
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)