- Born and raised in Saskatchewan, Tanya enjoys using the tranquil prairies as a setting to her not-so-peaceful speculative fiction.
Tanya is married with two children which means among her accomplishments is the necessary magical abilities to find a lost tooth in a park of sand and whisper away monsters from under the bed.
As director of a non-profit Francophone community center, Tanya offers programming and services in French for all ages to ensure the lasting imprint and growth of the Francophone community in which she was raised. What she enjoys the most about her job is teaching social media safety for teens and offering one-on-one technology classes for seniors. She is very active in her community, volunteering to teach eReader classes, as vice-president of the Ladies Guild, as treasurer of the Cemetery Board, and as chair for the Library Board.
Tanya was fifteen when she wrote her first column. She has a diploma in Journalism/Short Story Writing. Today, she actively submits to various newspapers, writes and publishes the local Francophone newsletter for her community, and maintains a blog at Lifeï¿½s Like That.
Her current published titles are:
Programmed to Breathe (Elsewhen Press)
Cursed on the Prairies, a Sacred Land Story (Elsewhen Press)
Legends on the Prairies, a Sacred Land Story (Elsewhen Press)
Can't Dream Without you, from the Dark Chronicles (Elsewhen Press)
Ghosts on the Prairies, a Sacred Land Story (Elsewhen Press)
Petrified (Sunbury Press)
Forbidden Fruit- a short story as part of Existence is Elsewhen Anthology by Elsewhen
The In-Between a short story published by Solstice Publishing
- Electronic Media » Blogs, Websites
- Fiction » Children's Writing—Young Adult, Erotica, Historical, Romance, Speculative—Fantasy, Speculative—Science Fiction, Speculative—Supernatural, Suspense/Thriller
- Advertising » Advertising/Marketing Material
- Business/Corporate/Government Writing » Brochures, Grant Applications and Reports, Newsletters, Translation/Adaptation
- Editing » Rewriting
- Electronic/Online Media » Blogging, Online
- Journalism » Interviews
- Lecturing/Public Speaking » Special Events
- Script Writing » Playwriting
- Programmed to Breathe. Elsewhen Press, 2019
- Project 9 Vol 4 Anthology (The In-Between). Solstice Publishing, 2017
- Cursed on the Prairies. Elsewhen Press, 2017
- Legends on the Prairies. Elsewhen Press, 2016
- Can't Dream Without You. Elsewhen Press, 2016
- Existence is Elsewhen Anthology (Forbidden Fruit). Elsewhen Press, 2016
- Ghosts on the Prairies. Elsewhen Press, 2014
- Petrified. Sunbury Press, 2014
- Group Size:Willing to prepare a workshop on any Internet Safety issues, How to conduct interviews or other such topics.
- Group Size:This discussion group is available in English or French and is perfect for teens and their parents.
- Protect Your Online Reputation
- Group Size:Discussion group on how to protect your online reputation. Covers things like Private vs Public, talking to your parents or kids, dangers (scams, cyberbullying, sexting...), benefits, and how to take control of your online reputation and get it working for you. Available in French and English
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)