- James Trettwer lives in Regina and writes fiction. He is a sometimes playwright who also dabbles in poetry.
His collection of stories titled Thorn-Field was a winner in the SWG's John V. Hicks Long Manuscript Awards. One of the stories from the collection also won in the SWG's Short Manuscript Awards and two stories were previously published in the anthology Wanderlust, also by Thistledown Press, Saskatoon.
Thorn-Field was shortlisted in the 2019 Saskatchewan Book Awards, Muslims for Peace and Justice Fiction Award and won the City of Regina Book Award. The collection was also a finalist in the 2019 High Plains Book Awards Short Stories category.
Refugees From Stolen Lands, James's latest work in progress, was a runner up in the 2019 City of Regina Writing Award.
James received his BA in English literature from the University of Regina in 1997. The late, great Gordon Howe was conferred an honorary Doctor of Laws at the same Spring Convocation ceremony. James likes to say, "Hey! I graduated university with Gordie Howe!"
- Thorn-Field. Thistledown Press, 2018
| » Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal|
Productions of Plays
- Prelude to Munich, Saskatchewan Playwrights Centre, Saskatoon, 2005
- Hit the North (One Act), Black Box Theatre (and others), North Battleford, 2003
- Rolf's Phobia (One Act), Regina Little Theatre (and others), Regina, 2002
Audience Age Groups