- Janice L. Dick began writing intentionally in 1989, then continued to learn through courses and conferences. In 2001 she began her first novel, followed by two sequels. These historical novels were released in 2002, 2003, and 2004, the first two winning first place in The Word Guild's Canadian Christian Writing Awards. The third was shortlisted for the same award.
Besides her latest historical release, Other Side of the River, Janice has written the almost completed sequel, a contemporary cozy mystery (currently unpublished), a digital Christmas short story titled The Christmas Sweater, a co-authored digital devotional book titled Uplifting Devotionals III, book reviews, guest blogs, articles, short stories, devotionals, stories for children, and a bit of poetry.
Her editing experience includes a church history book, two chap books, a devotional volume, a women's event book, several children's books and an annual women's conference magazine. She has mentored other writers, and her writing memberships include Writer’s Ink in Humboldt, InScribe Christian Writers' Fellowship, American Christian Fiction Writers, The Word Guild and Saskatchewan Writers Guild. She is an Advanced Toastmaster Silver.
Janice enjoys presenting writing workshops and has also taught a 4-week writing course with Carlton Community College in Watrous.
Janice lives with her husband on a farm on the Saskatchewan Canadian prairies. They have three married children and eleven amazing grandchildren.
Find her on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Goodreads, Pinterest.
- Other Side of the River. Helping Hands Press, 2014
- The Christmas Sweater. Helping Hands Press, 2014
- Uplifting Devotionals III. Helping Hands Press, 2014
- Out of the Storm. Herald Press, 2004
- Eye of the Storm. Herald Press, 2003
- Calm Before the Storm. Herald Press, 2002