- Susan Harris is an author, former teacher, and speaker who has also held numerous positions in the corporate world and in churches. She is the author of 13 books, two of which have been translated into French and Portuguese.
Her most popular books for schools are the acclaimed Little Copper Pennies and Little Copper Pennies for Kids, Alphabet on The Farm and, Alphabet à la ferme (all published by Borealis Press). Her Christmas series from White Lily Press is equally popular: Christmas A to Z (mainstream version) and An Alphabet of the First Christmas: A Christian Alphabet Book (2016). In 2017 she published The ABCs of Compassion/L'ABC de la compassion. with Ecole St. Henyr's Junior Elementary School in Melville.
Her other inspirational books include Golden Apples in Silver Settings: Words that have inspired audiences in snowy and sunny lands, Remarkably Ordinary: 20 Reflections On Living Intentionally Right Where You Are, and 10 ½ Sketches: Insights On Being Successful Right Where You Are. Susan has co-written My Garden of Eden, To Aida With Love, Snippets of A Country Girl. Another notable anthology to which she has contributed is Chicken Soup for the Soul.
Susan’s writing has been published in magazines such as Sage and Testimony with the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada, and in newsletters for the Saskatchewan Health Authority. Susan holds four degrees and diplomas from universities, including a Diploma in Writing. As a professional, Susan held the designation of Certified Human Resources Professional during 2008-2014. She is a member of Saskatchewan Association of Human Resources, The Word Guild and Saskatchewan Writers Guild. She sits on the Boards with the City of Melville and SaskBooks Publishers.
Born in the island of Trinidad, Susan lives in Melville, Saskatchewan with her husband, daughter and the winsome cats.
- Fiction » Children's Literature—Picture Books, General, Historical
- Non-Fiction » Biography, General Non-Fiction, Inspirational
- Academic/Research Writing » Essays
- Editing » Proofreading, Rewriting
- Electronic/Online Media » Blogging
- Genre Writing » Literary/Creative Fiction
- Ghostwriting » Ghostwriting
- Lecturing/Public Speaking » Conferences, Special Events
- Teaching/Instruction » Professional Development Workshops
- Alphabet à la ferme. Borealis Press, 2016
- My Garden of Eden. White Lily Press, 2016
- To Aida With Love. White Lily Press, 2016
- 10 1/2 Sketches: Insights On Being Successful Right Where You Are. White Lily Press, 2015
- Alphabet on The Farm. Borealis Press, 2014
- Little Copper Pennies. Borealis Press, 2014
- Little Copper Pennies for Kids. Borealis Press, 2014
- Remarkably Ordinary: 20 Reflections On Living Intentionally Right Where You Are. White Lily Press, 2014
- Golden Apples in Silver Settings: Words that have inspired audiences in snowy and sunny lands. White Lily Press, 2011
| » Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal|
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)
- Elementary School (K-5)