|Amy Jo Ehman|
- Amy Jo is a professional writer born and raised in Saskatchewan. She studied journalism at the University of Regina. Her journalism career included positions at CKCK TV (Regina), Ottawa Citizen, Saskatoon Star-Phoenix, CBC Radio and TV (Saskatoon).
In 2000, she left the newsroom to work as a freelance writer. This work included three food/recipe columns (Saskatoon Star-Phoenix, Prairies North, Grainews) and four published books. Her first book Prairie Feast won a Saskatoon Book Award for Best First Book and was shortlisted by Taste Canada book awards. Her second book Out of Old Saskatchewan Kitchens was selected by the Saskatchewan Library Assoc. for One Book-One Province 2018.
She is an experienced guest speaker and has led workshops on food and freelance writing. Amy Jo lives in Saskatoon.
- Journalism » Feature Writing, General Interest/Consumer Magazines, Trade/Special Interest Magazines, Newspapers
- Lecturing/Public Speaking » Conferences, Special Events
- Media/Public Relations » Media Releases, Public Service Announcements (PSA)
- The Evolution of the Provincial Court of Saskatchewan. Provincial Court Judges Assoc. (private commission), 2018
- Saskatoon: A History. MacIntyre Purcell, 2017
- Out of Old Saskatchewan Kitchens. MacIntyre Purcell, 2014
- Prairie Feast: A Writer's Journey Home for Dinner. Coteau, 2010
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)
- Elementary School (K-5)