- Regine Haensel is a Saskatoon writer of fiction and non fiction. Her work has been published in various magazines, and her book of short stories, "The Other Place" was published in 2012. Her young adult fantasy novel, "Queen of Fire" which is Book One in "The Leather Book Tales" series was published in the spring of 2014, and was one of three finalists in the YA category of the High Plains Book Awards in 2015. Her second book of short stories, "A Rain of Dragonflies," was published in the fall of 2014. "Child of Dragons" the second book in "The Leather Book Tales" was published in 2017, and the third book in the series was published in January 2020.
Regine is available to give readings and workshops in schools and libraries in the Saskatoon and surrounding area. Her work is suitable for adults, young adults and children. She can provide workshops on reading and writing fantasy, and short stories.
For updates and more information go to https://www.facebook.com/RegineHaenselwriter/
- Fiction » Children's—Middle Years, General, Speculative—Fantasy
- Business/Corporate/Government Writing » Brochures
- Editing » Copyediting
- Electronic/Online Media » Blogging
- Genre Writing » Children’s Writing, Literary/Creative Fiction
- Journalism » Reviews
- Queen of Fire. Serimuse (Self-Published), 2014
- The Other Place. Self-Published, 2012
| » Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal|
- Journal of Applied Recreation Research
- Recreation Canada
- Western People
- SoundXchange, CBC, 2008
- Short Story "His Daughter's Eyes"
- Ambience, CBC, 1986
- Short Story "A Rain of Dragonflies"
- Ambience, CBC, 1983
- Short Story "The Umbrella"
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)
- Elementary School (K-5)