- Sandy Marie Bonny is a Saskatoon-based writer, artist and earth scientist.
Her short fiction has appeared in numerous literary journals and anthologies. Her debut short story collection, The Sometimes Lake, was published in 2012 (Thistledown Press), includes a CBC Fiction Award-winning story, and was shortlisted for a Saskatchewan First Book Award.
"Fans of contemporary short fiction should certainly be interested in The Sometimes Lake—a fine balance of profound humanity interacting with the wonders of the world.”
Chad Pelley, The Telegraph Journal
Her first novel, Yes, and Back Again, (fall 2015, Thistledown Press) twins family secrets across historical and contemporary plotlines against the familiar background of Saskatoon's central neighbourhoods.
"A compellingly written story of vanished narratives... part homage to place and part social criticism, Bonny’s novel gracefully unsettles."
Jenna Butler, Red Deer College
- Fiction » Literary
- Non-Fiction » General Non-Fiction
- Editing » Developmental/Project Editing, Manuscript Critiquing (Not Editing)
- Lecturing/Public Speaking » Special Events
- Teaching/Instruction » Professional Development Workshops
- Yes, and Back Again. Thistledown Press, 2015
- The Sometimes Lake. Thistledown Press, 2012
- Coming Attractions 11 (Mark Anthony Jarman, Editor). OBERON PRESS, 2011
- The Shape of Content; An Anthology of Creative Writing in Mathematics and Science (M. Chandler, M. Senechal, J. Zwicky, Eds.). AK Peters Press, 2008
- Open Workshop Activities
- Group Size:I have worked with groups of all sizes, aged pre-school to adult, and I have learned something new every time.
Please get in touch to tell me about your group and we can brainstorm some outcomes and activities for a workshop that suits your goals and interests!
Interdisciplinary workshops -- combining written word with exploration in nature, inspiration from scientific and cultural traditions, and/or expression through visual art -- are a specialty.
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)