- I have always lived in Saskatchewan. I was born in Regina and have also lived in Pilot Butte, Meadow Lake, Prince Albert, Creighton, Saskatoon and Martensville.
I have worked as a server in a fast-food restaurant, as a pot-washer in a care home, at a meat-packing plant (where I met my husband), as a research technician in Neuropsychiatric Research, and as an Educational Assistant. I retired in June 2016, and am loving retirement!
I became a widow in 2014.
I began writing in 1986. I have had five books published so far - four picture books (three fiction and one non-fiction) and an early chapter book.
The smartest thing I ever did was joining a children's writing group in 1990 - The Children's Writers' Round Robin.
My favourite picture book when I was little was Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss and my favourite chapter book was Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell.
My favourite colour is green.
My favourite season is spring, only slightly ahead of summer.
My favourite hot drink is herbal tea. (I hate coffee!) My favourite cold drink is milk.
- Fiction » Children's Literature—Picture Books, Humour
- Poetry » Children's, Humourous and/or Nonsense
- Genre Writing » Children’s Writing
- Lecturing/Public Speaking » Conferences
- Dear Flyary. Kids Can Press, 2012
- Honey Trouble. aemWorks, 2009
- A World of Difference. Whitecap Books, 1999
- Purple Hair? I Don't Care!. Fitzhenry & Whiteside (Kane Miller, USA), 1994 1995
- The Abaleda Voluntary Firehouse Band. Tree Frog Press, 1990
| » Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal|
Audience Age Groups
- Middle School (6-9)
- Elementary School (K-5)