» Retreat Application Guidelines
Applications must be legible and should include:
- The completed application form from the retreat website.
- A covering letter that states:
- Your name, address and phone numbers;
- A short description of the type of work to be done at the retreat;
- The names and phone numbers of two referees familiar with your work and who can attest to your ability to work independently.
- Your first and second choice of retreat dates
- Writers: 10 ONLY typewritten pages of manuscript —include a sample of what you will be working on as well as previous work (submit your best work) within the ten page sample. All work will be destroyed after the adjudication process.
Visual artists: ten slides or CD of your work as well as a list of images that includes the title and date of work. All work submitted should be recent.
- A creative résumé, including publications or exhibitions. Visual artists may also submit work online, in a JPEG format.
Do not use staples, binders or sheets that are not 8½ x 11". Paper clips are acceptable. Manuscript pages in excess of ten pages will not be processed. For online submissions, please follow online application procedure as noted on the application form
Applicants should note that if space is limited, previous retreat stays will determine residency, and that 8 weeks of retreat time over the past 3 years will be the guideline for adjudication, with preference given to those who have not had previous opportunities to attend. Preference will be given to Saskatchewan residents.
Applicants who apply by the deadline will be given first consideration although, if there are spaces available, applications will be considered up to three weeks prior to the beginning of the retreat period desired.
Cancellation refunds will be processed as follows:
- 30 days or more prior to start date: 75% funds returned.
- 14 days prior to retreat start date: 50% funds returned.
- 7 days prior to retreat start date: 25% funds returned.
Cancellations within one week of retreat start dates are non refundable.
The Judy McCrosky Bursary
Each year, a bursary to assist with one week of fees for residency at the St. Peter’s Winter Retreat may be awarded to a writer who has not previously published a book.
Applications may be made online or mailed to the SWG office:
Saskatchewan Writers' Guild
Regina, SK S4P 3R