We welcome students to submit creative writing in any and all forms - poetry, prose, and creative nonfictionPlease note that as in all writing competitions, these guidelines are very important and must be followed in order for submissions to be accepted.
1. Always keep a copy of your submitted work. Submissions will not be returned.
2. Submit a maximum of six poems. Do not put more than one poem on a page. Prose works must not exceed 1500 words.
3. All work must be original from start to finish. Writers submitting plagiarized work will be banned from Windscript.
4. Type each creative writing piece in 12 pt font, double spaced.
5. Number each page.
6. Put the title on each submission and each page of the manuscript. Do not put your name on the poems or stories themselves as submissions are selected anonymously.
7. Proofread your manuscript.
8. In a Cover Letter, provide the following information:
• Your name, your home phone number, mailing address, and email
• The genre of writing you are submitting (fiction, poetry, nonfiction)
• The title(s) of your poems or stories
• The name, address, and phone number of your school and teacher
• A fifty-word biography written in the third person (if we publish your work, we will use this information, so be creative)
Send submissions to
Attach document to the email as a doc, docx, rtf, or txt file. Put Windscript in the subject line.
If email is unavailable submissions can be mailed to:
Mail: Windscript, Box 3986, Regina, SK, S4P 3R9
The Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild is proud to support the fresh, original work of student writers.
We thank, in advance, the teachers and librarians who encourage their students to submit their creations for the upcoming issue.
Jerrett Enns Awards
The Jerrett Enns Awards are two awards of excellence for high school student writing in poetry and prose named in honour of Victor Jerrett Enns, Executive Director of the Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild from 1982 to 1988. A third award for art was discontinued in 1996. Today, the poetry and prose awards continue to be presented, as well as an Honourable Mention in each category.