Spring magazine is published bi-annually, funding permitted, by the Saskatchewan Writers' Guild. The purpose of Spring is to showcase and encourage the work of new writers who have not yet published in book-length form (64 pages) and who have not yet entered into a contract with a book publisher.
Plans are under way for Spring Volume 11, the SWG’s magazine for emerging writers. We are seeking published writers for the positions of Managing Editor, Fiction and Poetry editors.
Managing Editor’s responsibilities will include:
• Work with Fiction and Poetry Editors on selection and editing, including notifications to those writers whose submissions are successful
• Select any non-fiction work as appropriate
• Work with writers to complete the editing, and determine the number of submission to include in the publication
• Submit all edited work to the Publication Coordinator by a predetermined deadline
• Coordinate the layout and order of the work in the magazine and proofread the magazine
• Attend and assist in the planning of the launch, including assisting with the arrangements for readers and appropriate introductions and hosting
• Select the cover art in conjunction with the SWG and the other Editors
Fiction and Poetry Editors’ responsibilities will include:
• Work with the Managing Editor on selection and editing, including notifying those writers whose submissions are successful
• Work with writers to complete the editing
• Submit all edited work to the Managing Editor by a predetermined deadline
• Work with the Managing Editor for the layout and order of the work in the magazine
• Attend and assist in the planning of the launch(es), which may include assisting with the arrangements for readers and appropriate introductions
Please send a letter of intent/editing style and a literary resume by November 1, 2018 to email@example.com
For more information call Yolanda at 306-791-7743.