Job Advertisement: Program Coordinator
Term: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Regina, SK
Supervisor: Executive Director and Program Manager
Founded in 1969, the Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild is a provincial cultural organization that represents writers in all disciplines and at all levels of achievement. The SWG is looking for a Program Coordinator to help organize and implement programming and services for the SWG community. The Program Coordinator for the Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild (SWG) is an experienced, dynamic, and detail oriented individual. With a broad arts/cultural experience and strong interpersonal and communication skills, the Program Coordinator supports the effective management of the programs and is a valued member of the programming team. Based in Regina, this full-time in-scope position provides essential support to this provincial non-profit arts organization. Some travel is required.
The SWG appreciates all responses to this competition; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for organization and implementation of Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild’s programs and services. This occurs through planning, organizing, budgeting and tracking expenditures, delivery and evaluation of programs, by being a part of the programming team and by being a liaison of the SWG to the community.
The Program Coordinator (Regina) is responsible for organizing and implementing programs and services, including those for youth and outreach for the province, as well as assisting the Program Manager and other program staff to facilitate the effective management of programs and services in accordance with SWG policies and practices.
• Program planning and evaluation experience
• Grant writing experience and success in no less than 10 grant applications
• Strong leadership and supervisory experience
• Knowledge of writers and writing community, local and national
• Success in promoting programs
• Post-secondary education in a related field
• Complete grants to secure programming
• Source new funding opportunities
• Meet contractual obligations with the granters to ensure compliance
• Provide input into the development of the SWG’s overall program plan
• Develop, deliver, monitor, and evaluate as directed for programs, service events, special projects in accordance with SWG policies and plan
• Liaises and assists contract workers within the parameters to meet SWG commitments
• Liaises with external partners, stakeholders for outreach and support
• Comply with given budgets for most programs and provide input for overall programming budgets to contribute to financial accountability and to support transparency
• Verify and authorize expense payments for programs and events
• Monitor and collect revenues from committed funding sources
• Supply information for programming reporting on accountabilities such as financial, statistical, in compliance with SWG policies and procedures, and contractual obligations
• Implements contracts to ensure proper protocols are followed
• Responsibility to contribute and collaborate with other SWG staff and stakeholders
• Participate in the delivery of SWG awards, retreats, manuscript evaluation, etc. to ensure effective and efficient delivery of all services and non-programming events
• Promote programs and events within their portfolio, acknowledging the SWG’s communication policies, to support program success and enhance SWG awareness
• Develop and sustain viable partnerships and networks within the cultural community
Send your resumes and cover letter addressed to Tracy Hamon at email@example.com by August 1, 2018.