This item has expired!
The Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild (SWG) is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented and dynamic individual with strong interpersonal, communication and multi-tasking skills to fill the full-time position of Administrative Assistant in the Regina office. This core position supports the work of a particularly active provincial non-profit arts organization, which offers numerous programs and services for writers throughout the province. The Administrative Assistant provides essential clerical support for the staff, board and committees, including general office tasks, reception duties, database management, membership information maintenance and on-site event assistance. A broad arts/cultural knowledge and experience working in non-profits are essential. Familiarity with the Saskatchewan writing community is a definite plus. The salary range is $26,657- $33,694 per annum, plus great benefits, and the position starts immediately.
Please submit applications online only to email@example.com with a cover letter and
brief résumé outlining your matching qualifications. Only those chosen for
interviews will be contacted.
applications is 2:00 pm March 10, 2014.
• Knowledge of general office procedures: filing, archiving, database maintenance, reception duties
• Proficiency in a Windows 7 environment and MS Office 2010, particularly Word, Excel, Access Database, and Adobe Acrobat Professional
• Knowledge of Web site maintenance, html
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and relate well to SWG members and the public
• Excellent organization skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and work to deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communications skills to provide information for, and to, staff, board and members, and to advocate for SWG members, programs and services
• Superb attention to detail and accuracy
• Quick and efficient data entry creation and maintenance ability
• Available for occasional overnight travel for conferences and events
• Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop is an asset
• Friendly reception services for member and non-members (public) inquires, email, telephone and in person
• Provide general administrative support for all staff, Board, committees, and programs, including preparation for meetings, events, and activities
• General clerical support: processing all mail (including electronic), filing, and archiving
• Incoming mail sort (contracts, invoices, programs, manuscripts, payments, etc.)
• Outgoing mail compiled and processed
• Maintain supplies and inventory for office, kitchen, equipment and storage areas - Maintain and order new or replacement stock in a timely and efficient manner
• Maintain current and accurate records of SWG’s membership by prompt and efficient processing of membership applications, renewals, and expirations, including correspondence and receipts for dues and donations
• Maintain and update all Excel database lists of memberships, writing groups, submissions for awards and publications, applications for programs and other lists for activities as required
• Facilitate the publication process for the Guild by maintaining the e-mail list for the electronic weekly news bulletin, sending the current member mailing list to the Guild’s printing services for regular and online distribution of the bi-monthly newsletter and other magazines for printed and online distribution, as well sending email reminders for programming
• Make meeting arrangements for internal and external staff, board and committee meetings and maintains the booking system for Guild meeting rooms, coordinates conference calls
• Occasionally provide desktop publishing services to create programs, brochures, forms, posters and announcements
• Update the website in an accurate and timely fashion (as required/requested)
• Provide information and statistics to the Executive Director and for funding reports as requested
• Assist the executive Director as required
• Update newsletter, photograph and library bibliography logs
• Other duties as assigned