This item has expired!
The Saskatchewan Writers' Guild (SWG) invites application from experienced and dynamic individuals with strong interpersonal and communication skills for the full-time position of Administrative Assistant. The position's key responsibility is to ensure that the processes and procedures allow the SWG as an organization to operate effectively and efficiently in a welcoming environment.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the vibrant person in this role provides essential administrative support for the staff, board, and committees numerous programs of the SWG. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for communications management and member relations, including membership information maintenance and database management, and also performs general office tasks including reception duties, filing and on-site event assistance. A key role for this position is to maintain strong communication aspects for the Guild. This includes the collection of information and disbursement of media releases, the weekly electronic newsletter, Ebriefs, and to oversee day-to-day content and management of the Guild website and social media links (Facebook and Twitter), as dynamic and useful communications tools for the SWG, and to assure quality and integrity of providing information to members and the public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Proficiency in a Windows and MS Office, particularly Word and Access Database, as well as Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Knowledge of website maintenance and social media
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Friendly personality and the ability to relate well to SWG members and the public
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Available for occasional overnight travel for conferences and events
Please send resume and cover letter to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Box 3986, Regina, SK S4P 3R9.
- Provides friendly reception services duties (both in-person and telephone),
- Provides general clerical support by processing all mail (including electronic), filing, and archiving
- Provides accurate and timely administrative support as requested by the ED and staff
- Provide information for and to staff, board, and members and to advocate for SWG members, programs, and services
- Maintain current and accurate records of the SWG's membership by prompt and efficient processing of membership application, renewals, and expirations, including correspondence and receipts for dues and donations
- Maintain and update all database lists of memberships, writing groups, and other activities as required (Access Database knowledge essential, Excel knowledge an asset)
- Facilitates the publication process for the Guild by maintaining the email list for electronic weekly news, preparing information on donors and new members for the quarterly newsletter, and getting current member mailing list to the printing services and for online distribution
- Makes all meeting, travel and accommodation arrangements for internal and external staff, board and committee meetings, and maintains the booking system for Guild meeting rooms, coordinates conference calls
- Ensures that office supplies are maintained and orders new or replacement stock in a timely and efficient manner
- Provides general administrative support for all staff, Board, committee, and programs including preparation for meetings, events, and activities
- Updates the website in an accurate and timely fashion
- Provides advice and guidance to the Executive Director as requested
- Able to work in a team environment requiring personal flexibility
- Other duties as assigned