This item has expired!
UPCOMING DEADLINE FOR GRANTS TO WRITING GROUPS
The Guild provides an annual professional development grant to eligible Saskatchewan writers groups.
Applications must be received in the SWG office no later than 4:30 p.m. on June 28, 2013.
Each writers group may apply for $500 for the following fiscal year (August 1, 2013-July 31, 2014).
Criteria for Funding Eligibility
A local writing group is eligible for funding if it meets the following criteria:
• it has a minimum of five members
• two-thirds of the group are members of the SWG
• it meets a minimum of six times per year to discuss writing by members
• members meet in order to develop their craft
• it has provided a follow-up report (with all the requested documentation) for the previous grant
If the group is approved for funding, cheques will be issued in September 2013.
Responsibilities of Groups Who Receive Grants
Groups who receive grants have the following responsibilities:
• include mention of SWG sponsorship on all appropriate publicity issued by the group
• provide follow-up reports with the next year’s grant application
• provide copies of receipts or cheques with unspent funds in excess of $50 as part of the follow-up
For more information and application form please visit www.skwriter.com/programs-and services/swg-writers-groups-grants or contact Tracy Hamon at (306)791-7743.