This item has expired!
Call for Submissions: Windscript--SWG Magazine of High School Writing
Windscript submission guidelines:
We invite students to submit creative writing in any and all forms— poetry, prose, and creative non-fiction—for consideration in the next issue of Windscript.
Please note that as in all writing competitions, these guidelines are very important and must be followed in order for submissions to be accepted.
- Please send submissions by email in a word-processed text file (Word doc or docx) to email@example.com with “Submission for Windscript” in the subject line.
- All manuscripts must follow the standard 8 1/2” × 11” format with 1” borders all around, using 12-point (Arial or Times New Roman) font size, and be double-spaced.
- Do NOT put your name on the poems or stories themselves. (The judging for this competition is blind; therefore your name cannot appear on the submissions.)
Categories and word limits are as follows:
Poetry: Please submit no more than six poems with a maximum of 100 lines each. Do not put more than one poem on a page.
Prose: (short fiction & literary non-fiction): Please submit no more than 2 pieces of prose. Works should not exceed 1500 words.
Deadline for submissions for Windscript Vol.31 is February 16, 2015 at 4:30 p.m.
All work must be original from start to finish. Writers submitting plagiarized work will be banned from Windscript.
Send a cover letter by email along with your submissions, providing the following information:
- your name, address, home phone number
- your email address
- the genre of writing you are submitting (poetry, fiction, non-fiction)
- the title(s) of your poems or stories
- the name, address and phone number of your school and teacher’s name
- Include a fifty-word biography with your cover letter (if we publish your work, we will use this information, so be creative).
For more information, please visit the SWG website: www skwriter.com/publications/windscript