Spring Vol. 9 Call for Submissions
Submissions are being accepted for Spring Vol. 9, the SWG's magazine showcasing emerging Saskatchewan writers.
Spring editors will consider poetry, fiction, and non-fiction from Saskatchewan residents who may or may not be members of the Saskatchewan Writers' Guild, from those who have never published to those who have not yet published in book-length form (64 pages) and who have not yet entered into a contract with a book publisher or for self-publishing.
Writers selected for publication will receive payment at the standard SWG rates.
- Submissions must be previously unpublished in any format.
- The maximum length for fiction and non-fiction is 3,000 words and for poetry is six poems totaling no more than 12 manuscript pages. Excerpts from longer prose and poetry works will be considered.
- In a covering letter, include your name, contact information, and the genre(s) and title(s) of your submissions(s). Your name and the title of the piece must appear on each page of your submission(s).
- Entries must be submitted electronically in a Word doc following the usual formatting for manuscripts (12 pt font, double spaced).
- Contributors MUST be residents of Saskatchewan; however, they don't need to be members of the Saskatchewan Writers' Guild.
- Include a short biography that will appear in the magazine should your submission be published.
Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Spring in the subject line.
Spring is provided electronically to all members of the SWG and available in print for purchase for $10.00.
For more information, please contact Tracy Hamon at: 306.791.7743 or via email at: email@example.com.
Deadline for submissions is November 14, 2014.