- Connie McGrath, B.A., B.Ed., mother of 3 and grandmother of 6 children, has been reading children's picture books for a long time. She has taught pre-Kindergarten to grade 12, including gifted, remedial, and English as an Alternative Language. She lives in Saskatoon.
She wrote In Search of a Smile that Stays with her son, John, who also loves to read and write. It is a fun children's picture book that uses rhyme, repetition, and imagination to explore what makes a child smile and be happy. Colorful illustrations complement the text.
This author visit to school children
- emphasizes the value of reading, having ideas, and expressing oneself well
- discusses the book-publishing process
- presents In Search of a Smile that Stays
- explores vocabulary and theme
- connects the printed word with illustrations
- discovers what makes each child smile and starts a subsequent art project
The art project is a quick way to get to know each child. The children in turn have lots of fun and learn about each other. Finished artwork can be bulletin-board displayed, or collected into a booklet.
In Search of a Smile that Stays is on Facebook and available at McNally Robinson, amazon.ca, and friesenpress.com. Contact Connie McGrath directly to book a presentation.
- Fiction » Children's Literature—Picture Books
Audience Age Groups
- Middle School (6-9)
- Elementary School (K-5)