2131 Cumberland Ave. S.
Saskatoon SK S7J 1Z2
- Linda Wood is the illustrator of four books in various genres. She has edited books and publications including Driftwood: Anthology of Poetry and Prose. Linda's work appeared in many magazines and several newspapers.
Her recent book and film reviews can be found at several websites and e-zines. Her reviews cover documentary film; adult and children's nonfiction; adult, YA and children's fiction plus poetry. Linda Wood credits her start in writing to Verne Clemence, past books editor, The StarPhoenix.
She is an emerging literary fiction writer with short works published in Freelance and Transition Magazines. Linda has children's works, adult literary and book-length popular fiction projects in circulation and development. She has adapted one of her published stories to script, has written several shorts and co-written a long play.
Linda has received awards including The President's Award of Literary Merit (USA) and locally First Place in the Wordsmith Competition. She has shared her work on television and radio here and in the USA. Her poetry has been published to several audio projects and extensively published in anthologies and magazines in the USA but is less known in Canada. She has poetry compilations in circulation and development.
Linda is writing press releases and public service announcements for several NGO's bringing in record numbers to an event in September 2011 and recently for an event at Saba's African Cuisine: STOP HUMAN TRAFFICKING honoring International Womens' Day. Linda has recently partnered with an accountant to begin offering market research and analysis plus feasability studies. She is current in SEO and social media. You can find her on Twitter @gypsyrune, Facebook and LinkedIn. One of her past reports changed bus routes within the City of Saskatoon. She has also created print logos and advertising materials.
Linda has judged speech, performing arts and a monthly poetry and prose competition. She has instructed groups of ten to more than three hundred in writing and art and tutored in English, the GED and a Library Technician course.
Linda enjoys rooting for other writers and reading her fiction and poetry at The Writers' Coop whenever possible. Her heart beats for vulnerable peoples. She makes her home in Saskatoon.
- Business Writing » Media Releases
- Editing » Developmental Editing
- Electronic Media » Zines
- Non-Fiction » Journalism
- Poetry » Literary
| » Literary Journal|
» Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal
- Co-Editor, Driftwood, Book, 1993
- Editor, A Century of Outreach by Roland Wood, Book, 1992
- Illustrator, ESL Textbook pending, September 2012
- Illustrator, First Days: Night Movies by Alison Uitti, Book, 2010
- Illustrator, First Days: Wall of Tears by Alison Uitti, Book, 2012
- Illustrator, It's About Time, Book, 1996
- Illustrator, Main Dish Alternatives to Red Meat, Cookbook, 1991
- CM: The Canadian Review of Library Materials
- Editor, Saskatoon Writers Club Bulletin, 1991-1993
- The Independent
- The StarPhoenix
- What's Up St. Louis
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)
- Elementary School (K-5)