This item has expired!
Windscript Editor Job Description
The Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild requires an Editor for the 2011/2012, Volume 28 issue of Windscript, the SWG’s magazine of high school writing.
The successful candidate will have recent experience working with high school students along with the necessary editorial knowledge.
Editor responsibilities are to:
The remuneration for this contract position is $500 payable in two installments; the first on completion of the selection process and the second on review of the final layout. The SWG will reimburse long distance telephone and courier charges related to this project and costs related to attending launches.
- Select the pieces to be published, notify the successful contributors, and work with them on any editing that may be necessary.
- Notify selected writers in early spring.
- Provide The Communications Coordinator with the edited work along with its placement order within the publication. Review the final layout.
- Adhere to a timeline of early May for publication and a launch for mid-May.
- Be available to attend and assist in the planning of the launch in Regina in conjunction with the Cathedral Village Arts Festival in May.
Please send your résumé to:
P.O. Box 3986
Regina, SK S4P 3R9
Deadline is 4:30 p.m. December 2, 2011 for receipt of application.