This item has expired!
The Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild (SWG) is seeking a full-time Communications Coordinator for the Regina office. This individual will work closely with the Executive Director and in collaboration with other Guild staff. The Communications Coordinator will ensure that the SWG communicates with members, the media, funding bodies, and the public in ways that effectively support the goals and objectives of the organization, and that all publications of the Guild are produced in a timely and professional manner.
Application may be made to email@example.com or to SWG, Box 3986, Regina SK, S4P 3R9. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Application deadline is April 18, 2011.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Member communications, including:
- Preparing and distributing weekly membership emails (Ebriefs)
- Design and layout of bi-monthly member newsletter, 6 times/year (Freelance)
- Resource publications, annual reports
- Bi-annual magazine of new writing by members (Spring)
- Annual writing magazine for teens (Windscript)
- Media relations responsibilities include preparing and distributing news releases and public service announcements regarding all newsworthy events, programs and developments to appropriate local, provincial, and national media outlets; and handling media requests and making referrals as needed
- Web site updates, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube uploads
- Communication support for all Guild programs and events, including readings, professional development programs, conferences, and collaborative programs
- Communication to the community at large includes the promotion of all publicly-accessible programs and events through advertising, posters, flyers, and other means; as well as communication with other agencies and organizations
- Communication support includes graphic design and print production services; maintaining files of photographs, periodicals, and other resources; overseeing of the creation and application of the logo; consultation regarding issues of communication policy and practice; and the conducting of surveys as needed
- Overseeing budgets for various publications
- Developing marketing strategies
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- Broad communications experience
- Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, and in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Sound general knowledge of marketing principles and processes, including market research, advertising procedure, corporate identity, marketing communications, and promotional strategy.
- Possess skills to develop effective working relationships with contract workers; with providers of outsourced goods and services; and with the SWG staff, board, and volunteers, including committees and advisory groups as needed
- Display good organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to create and manage filing systems and information resources
- Possess knowledge or undertake research in order to understand and give well-informed advice as needed on a broad range of communication policy issues
- Excellent written communication skills, displaying a consistent level of excellence in news and feature writing, grammar, spelling, proofreading, and preparation of a variety of reports and proposals
- Have a general awareness of the issues and concerns involving the writing and arts communities, including a basic understanding of public opinion and policy as it affects the arts
- Familiarity with all aspects of the planning and production of print communications, and will be able to knowledgeably hire and supervise the work of writers, editors, graphic designers, and printers
- Will possess media relations skills, advancing the interests of the SWG by providing the media with clear, accurate and timely information and by responding to media inquiries in a prompt and helpful manner
- Familiarity with all aspects of electronic communications, including web site and electronic mail communications; and will be able to work with web site designers and others to plan and execute a strategy for electronic communications
- Knowledge of electronic communications, including email and web page design applications and familiarity with Skype, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, etc.