306-569-0294 (home and work)
- Edward Willett, who was born in New Mexico, moved to Saskatchewan from Texas, grew up in Weyburn, and now lives in Regina, is the author of more than 40 books for children, young adults and adults. He is the Writer in Residence at the Regina Public Library for September 2011 through May 2012.
Ed's newest novel is the adult fantasy Magebane, published by DAW Books in New York, written under the pseudonym Lee Arthur Chane. DAW also published Ed's three adult science fiction novels, Lost in Translation, Marseguro (winner of the Aurora Award for best Canadian science fiction novel in 2009) and Terra Insegura, shortlisted for the same award in 2010. Ed is currently working on the first book in a new young adult fantasy series, Masks, also to be published by DAW.
Ed's most recent young adult novel is the fantasy Song of the Sword, Book 1 in the five-book Shards of Excalibur series, published by Lobster Press, and set largely in Regina. Book 2, Twist of the Blade, will be released in April 2012. Ed's YA fantasy Spirit Singer won the Regina Book Award at the 2002 Saskatchewan Book Awards. His other YA novels include the fantasies Soulworm,set in Weyburn and The Dark Unicorn, and the science fiction novels Andy Nebula: Interstellar Rock Star.
Ed also writes nonfiction for both adults and children. His book Historic Walks of Regina and Moose Jaw (Red Deer Press) won a City of Regina Municipal Heritage Award in the Education category. His most recent adult nonfiction book was a history of the Saskatchewan Land Surveyors´┐½ Association. His most recent children´┐½s nonfiction titles are Andy Warhol and Johnny Cash, biographies published by Enslow Publishers). He recently completed a revised and updated version of A Tower of Attraction, the history of Government House published by the Government House Historical Society, which will be released in spring of 2012.
In addition to writing, Ed also acts and sings, both professionally (he's appeared at both Globe and Persephone Theatre, among others) and just for fun, particularly with Regina Lyric Musical Theatre. He´┐½s married and has one daughter.
- Business Writing » Annual Reports, Brochures, Manuals, Media Releases, Public Service Announcements
- Editing » Copyediting
- Electronic Media » Blogs, Websites
- Fiction » Children's Writing—Young Adult, Speculative—Fantasy, Speculative—Science Fiction, Speculative—Supernatural
- Non-Fiction » Biography, History—Local, History—Period, History—Regional, Journalism, Natural History, Technical
- Andy Warhol: Everyone Will Be Famous for 15 Minutes. Enslow Publishers, 2010
- Land Surveying in Saskatchewan. Saskatchewan Land Surveyors Association, 2010
- Johnny Cash: The Man in Black. Enslow Publishers, 2010
- The Song of the Sword. Lobster Press, 2010
- Magebane. DAW Books, 2010
- Disease-Hunting Scientist. Enslow Publishers, 2009
- Terra Insegura. DAW Books, 2009
- The Bounty Mutiny. Enslow Publishers, 2009
- Marseguro. DAW Books, 2008
- Janis Joplin: Take Another Little Piece of My Heart. Enslow Publishers, 2008
- Incredibly Disgusting Drugs: Speed. Rosen Publishing, 2008
- A Safe and Prosperous Future. Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientist of Saskatchewan, 2008
- Historic Walks of Regina and Moose Jaw. Red Deer Press, 2008
- Frequently Asked Questions About Exercise Addiction. Rosen Publishing, 2008
- Neon. Rosen Publishing, 2007
- Negative Body Image. Rosen Publishing, 2007
- Magnesium. Rosen Publishing, 2007
- Jimi Hendrix: Kiss the Sky. Enslow Publishers, 2006
- Orson Scott Card: Architect of Alternate Worlds. Enslow Publishers, 2006
- Fires and Wildfires: A Practical Survival Guide. Rosen Publishing, 2006
- Lost in Translation. DAW Books, 2006
- Genetics Demystified. McGraw-Hill, 2005
- The Basics of Quantum Physics: Understanding Line Spectra and the Photoelectric Effect. Rosen Publishing, 2004
- The Iran-Iraq War. Rosen Publishing, 2004
- J.R.R. Tolkien: Master of Imaginary Worlds. Enslow Publishers, 2004
- Skateboarding: Techniques and Tricks. Rosen Publishing, 2003
- Ayatollah Khomeini. Rosen Publishing, 2003
- Rock Sport Climbing: Techniques and Tricks. Rosen Publishing, 2003
- Ebola Virus. Enslow Publishers, 2003
- Alzheimer's Disease. Enslow Publishers, 2002
- Your Official America Online Guide to Internet Safety. Wiley, 2002
- Hemophilia. Enslow Publishers, 2001
- Spirit Singer. Awe-Struck, 2001
- Careers in Outer Space. Rosen Publishers, 2001
- Your Official America Online Guide to Creating Web Pages. Wiley, 2000
- Arthritis. Enslow Publishers, 2000
- AOL's Picture This: Fun and Easy Photo Projects. America Online, 1999
- Meningitis. Enslow Publishers, 1999
- Andy Nebula: Interstellar Rock Star. Roussan Publishers, 1999
- Comets, Stardust & Supernovas. Raintree/Steck Vaughan, 1999
- America Online's Creating Cool Web Pages. Hungry Minds, 1998
- The Dark Unicorn. Royal Fireworks Press, 1998
- Soulworm. Royal Fireworks Press, 1997
- Using Microsoft Publisher for Windows 97. QUE, 1997
- Using Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95. QUE, 1995
| » Literary Journal|
» Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal
- On Spec
- The Book of Dark Wisdom
- Fine Lifestyles Regina
- Fine Lifestyles Saskatoon
- Red Deer Advocate
- Regina Leader Post
- St. John's Evening Telegram
- Western Producer
- Weyburn Review
- Things I Found in My Mother-in-Law's House, CBC, 2008
- Six-week series looking at interesting artifacts found in my mother-in-law's house.
- Radio Dell'Arte, CJTR, 2004-2006
- Host of arts program on CJTR community radio.
- Net.talk, Access Communications, 1998-2007
- Host of phone-in computer show on Access Communications.
- Science Column, CBC, 1990-2007
- Weekly science column on CBC's Afternoon Edition with Colin Grewar
- Surfing the Web, CBC, 0000-2008
- Series looking at interesting sites on the Web, for CBC's Afternoon Edition.
- Writing Speculative Fiction
- Group Size:A workshop of flexible length introducing writers to the special challenges and rewards of writing science fiction and fantasy, with an emphasis on idea generation and technique, plus solid information on markets, publishers...and pitfalls. Can be tailored for either young writers or adults.
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)