- Bernadette is a multi-genre writer, mother, community educator, and an organizer living in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. Her poetry has been broadcast on radio and TV, published in journals and anthologies, and appeared in film, on CD, and on the web. Her first collection of poetry, This hot place (Thistledown Press, 2010) received a nomination in the First Book category of the Saskatchewan Book Award.
Bernadette's nonfiction has appeared in Canadian Dimension, Briarpatch, The Prairie Dog, and Sasquatch as well as on her blog, The Regina Mom. She has led numerous writing and creativity workshops with adults and children. At present, she's experimenting with mixed media and poetry while revising a children's novel, developing a literary nonfiction project, and building a new manuscript of poetry.
- Business Writing » Brochures, Grant Applications and Reports, Manuals, Media Releases, Public Service Announcements, Speeches
- Electronic Media » Blogs, Websites, Other
- Fiction » Children's—Middle Years
- Non-Fiction » Essays, General Non-Fiction, Journalism
- Poetry » Literary
- This hot place. Thistledown Press, 2010
| » Literary Journal|
» Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal
- Prairie Journal
- Room of One's Own
- Canadian Dimension
- the prairie dog
- Blogging 101
- Group Size:Are you thinking about starting a blog but haven't a clue where to start? Do you want to know what options are available to you? Blogging can be an excellent way to connect with others, market your work, create supportive communities and activate your writing brain.
- Get it write!
- Group Size:This workshop is all about writing. Writing exercises will explore sensory detail, concrete language and imagery. All students, no matter their writing level, will experience success. Recommended for Grades 1 to 12.
- In the write space!
- Group Size:A half- or full-day exploration of creativity and writing, incorporating exercises in writing and breathing, creative visualization and an introduction to the workshop method.
- Step up to the mike!
- Group Size:Does a microphone make you nervous? Can't stand standing in front of an audience? Want to improve your delivery of your work? If so, then this workshop is for you! Designed to help you attend to the sounds of language, develop your presentation techniques and experiment with use of a microphone, this experience will enhance any reading you give in the future.
- Write the Earth
- Group Size:A half- or full-day exploration of our connection to Earth and all its beings through hands-on experiences and automatic writing with ample time for sharing.
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)
- Elementary School (K-5)