Call for Nominations: The 2015 Cheryl and Henry Kloppenburg Award for Literary Excellence
This award was established in May 2010 by Cheryl and Henry Kloppenburg to recognize Saskatchewan writers who have written a substantial body of literary work.
The award winner must have written a substantial body of literary work.
1. Writers must be Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents whose principal place of residence has been Saskatchewan for the last 5 full years or who have spent at least 10 years of their writing careers in Saskatchewan.
2. Writers who have written books in the following genres will be considered:
3. Books may have been published anywhere in the world.
4. The prize will be a cash award of $10,000, and a commemorative print of a painting by Saskatchewan artist Dorothy Knowles.
5. There shall only be one award given each year, although an award will not necessarily be given each year.
6. The award shall not be made posthumously unless the writer was alive at the time of selection.
Nominations will be accepted from the general public, publishers, and writing organizations. Nominations consist of a completed Nomination Form located below and a maximum of 10 pages of supporting material. There is no limit to the number of nominations an organization can submit. All nominations and their supporting material are considered confidential.
Deadline for nominations is June 30 annually at 4:30 pm (if this date falls on a weekend or holiday, the next business day is accepted.)
Note 1: If the nominee is not selected for an award in a given year, the nomination will be kept on file for consideration for future awards for 3 years.
Note 2: The nominators will be asked to keep the nomination confidential.
Nominations can be sent by mail to: Saskatchewan Writers' Guild, PO Box 3986, Regina, SK or dropped off to the Guild office at Suite 100 - 1150 8th Ave, Regina.
The jury shall consist of three prominent Canadian literary figures, one of whom may be from Saskatchewan. The others must be from out-of-province. The jury will remain anonymous and its selection of a recipient will be final.
The presentation will be made annually in Saskatoon in the fall by the Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild. Cheryl and Henry Kloppenburg will present the award.