904-611 University Dr.
Saskatoon SK S7N 3Z1
- When Wes Funk's sort-of memoir 'Dead Rock Stars' hit the shelves in 2008, it quickly became a hit across the Prairies, including being a pick-of-the-month for several book clubs and the subject on numerous Canadian television and radio talk shows. It was short-listed in The Readers' Choice Award Category of the Sask Book Awards and received an Honourable Mention in Writers' Digests' International Self-Published Book Competition. It has also been incorporated into both high school and university curricula.
In recent years, Wes has taken his writing from a closeted hobby to a passionate sideline. His goal is to use his talent to educate people on diversity in Saskatchewan, while making readers laugh at the same time (or at least attempting to). A longtime fascination for rock music and pop culture is also a theme that runs through his work.
Currently, besides working at his part-time day job in recreation therapy, Wes keeps busy promoting two more novels, 'Baggage' and 'Cherry Blossoms.' He is also set to release his first memoir, 'Blood, Sweat and Tears.'
Wes Funk's fierce love of writing has encouraged him to become heavily involved in Saskatchewan's creative community, and he is an active member of both the Sask Writers Guild and the Saskatoon Writers Coop. He is always happy to visit book clubs, libraries, bookstores, classrooms, and other reading venues. Wes' extensive knoweledge of self-publishing has now also led him to become a presenter of many indie-publishing and/or marketing workshops. He is the host of Shaw TV's weekly literary talk-show, Lit' Happens!
In 2012, Wes was over-the-moon to be labeled Saskatoon's Second-Most-Favourite-Writer in Planet S Magazines Annual Best of Saskatoon Survey.
Wes has addressed a number of classrooms on the subjects of creative writing and diversity. He donates countless books to many causes he believes in, including LGBT fundraisers, AIDS awareness, animal rescue programs, and literacy organizations.
Wes lives with his partner and pets on Saskatoon's trendy Broadway Avenue. 'Dead Rock Stars' is enjoying new life in both audiobook and illustrated versions.
- Blood, Sweat and Tears. Your Nickel's Worth Publishing, 2014
- Cherry Blossoms. Your Nickel's Worth Publishing, 2012
- Baggage. Benchmark Press, 2010
- Dead Rock Stars. Your Nickel's Worth Publishing, 2008
- Group Size:Willing to read and speak on diversity and self-publishing
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)