1142 - 3rd Ave NW
Moose Jaw SK S6H 3V2
- Dave Richards was born and raised in Sask, now residing in Moose Jaw. Dave attended RMC and served 8 years in the regular army then became an accountant and finally an instructor at SIAST. He has been writing for over 25 years part time and now that he is retired from accounting he is very happily writing full time.
Historical fiction is his primary interest having published both YA and adult novels. His approach is to research the history (fun to him, maybe not to others) and let his fictional characters emerge from the research. His novels take the fictional characters and float them down the historically factual river. Hopefully this makes history the background to the literature and in doing so makes history "fun" for the reader.
He has done many readings over the years and enjoys them immensely. Actually, they are more presentations of artifacts (buffalo hunting rifles, clothing, etc) and stories that go into his writing.
- Fiction » Children's Writing—Young Adult, Historical, Literary, War
- Source of Light. Thistledown Press, 2011
- Plough's Share. Thistledown Press, 2004
- Lady at Batoche. Thistledown Press, 1999
- Soldier Boys. Thistledown Press, 1993
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)
- Elementary School (K-5)