Eston SK S0L 1A0
- Cassie Stocks was born in Edmonton, Alberta. She’s been a biker chick, a university student, an actress, a single mom, and a rich man’s gardener; she’s worked as a waitress, an office clerk, an aircraft cleaner, and has raised chickens.
Cassie completed her Bachelor of Applied Communications in Professional Writing Degree with Distinction from MacEwan University in 2011. The Professional Writing Degree Program included studies in the fields of creative non-fiction, fiction, poetry, literary journalism, magazine article writing, editing, and proofreading.
In 2013, Cassie was the first woman in 17 years to be awarded the Leacock Medal for Humour for her debut novel, Dance, Gladys, Dance. The novel was also nominated for a Saskatchewan first book award and Cassie was named one of the 'Ten Writers to Watch' by CBC Books.
Cassie is currently living in Eston, SK and is available for readings and workshops.
- Fiction » Humour, Literary
- Editing » Manuscript Critiquing (Not Editing)
- Genre Writing » Literary/Creative Fiction, Memoir
- Teaching/Instruction » Professional Development Workshops, Writer-in-Residence
- Dance, Gladys, Dance. NeWest Press, 2012
| » Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal|
- P.I.P.P- Passion, Intention, Practicality, and Perseverance in Writing
- Group Size:A fun and engaging workshop designed for those who are already writing. Great for writer's groups that have writers of many genres (fiction, memoir, poetry, non-fiction). P.I.P.P will allow you to take a close look at your writing life, your inspiration and passions and allow you to grow as a writer in any genre.
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)