|Paula Jane Remlinger|
58 Southwinds Drive
Beaver Creek SK S7K 1P5
- Paula Jane grew up in Prince Albert, SK, but has lived in Saskatoon since 1991. She recently moved to an acreage in Beaver Creek, just south of Saskatoon, with her husband Trent and her black cat Dickens.
Paula Jane has always been a writer. She started with poems and stories shared with family in elementary school, and began entering contests and publishing locally at the age of 13 with work appearing in The Western Producer and The Prince Albert Daily Herald.
She has a profound love of learning, and has earned a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English, a Master of Arts in English, a Bachelor of Education, as well as certificates in teaching ESL and adult education. She recently completed a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing through UBC's optional-residency program.
Paula Jane has experience with all facets of the writing business from working as a bookseller at McNally Robinson Booksellers, an editorial assistant and educational liaison at Thistledown Press, a teaching assistant and Writing Centre tutor at the U of S, and as the Executive Director of the Sage Hill Writing Experience.
She is a member of the Saskatchewan Writers' Guild, a friend of CANSCAIP (Canadian Society for Children's Authors, Illustrators, and Performers), a student member of The League of Canadian Poets, and holds a Professional "A" teaching certificate in Saskatchewan.
Paula Jane currently does freelance writing and editing. As well, she is available to do workshops on writing poetry with writers from Gr. 5 to adult.
- Fiction » Literary
- Non-Fiction » Essays
- Poetry » Children's, Literary
- Business/Corporate/Government Writing » Newsletters
- Editing » Copyediting
- Genre Writing » Poetry
- Lecturing/Public Speaking » Conferences
- Teaching/Instruction » Professional Development Workshops
- "James Bond Considers Retirement" in I Found it at the Movies: An Anthology of Film Poems.. Guernica Press, 2014
- "Tribute essay - John V. Hicks" in A Literary History of Saskatchewan, Vol. 1.. Coteau Books, 2012
- "Love, Pathos, and Electronics" in Modern Morsels. McGraw-Hill Ryerson, 2012
- Two poems in Grain magazine. Saskatchewan Writers Guild, 2011
- “In the days before your death, you fed us”. The New Quarterly, 2010
- "Love, Pathos, and Electronics". CBC Saskatchewan, 2008
- "We Light Red Candles" in Fast Forward: New Saskatchewan Poets. Hagios Press, 2007
- "John V. Hicks" in The Encyclopedia of Saskatchewan. University of Regina, 2006
- Up All Night: Teacher Resource Guide. Thistledown Press, 2001
- Offside: Teacher Resource Guide. Thistledown Press, 2001
| » Literary Journal|
» Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal
- Backyard Ashes
- In Medias Res
- The Fieldstone Review
- The New Quarterly
- The Society
- On Campus News
- Western Canada Aviation & Aerospace
- "Love, Pathos, and Electronics", CBC Radio, 2008
- Part of the 2008 Regional Poetry Face-Off.
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)