|Paula Jane Remlinger|
- Paula Jane grew up in Prince Albert, SK, but has lived in Saskatoon since 1991. She recently moved to an acreage in Beaver Creek, just south of Saskatoon, with her husband Trent and her black cat Dickens.
Paula Jane has always been a writer. She started with poems and stories shared with family in elementary school, and began entering contests and publishing locally at the age of 13 with work appearing in The Western Producer and The Prince Albert Daily Herald.
She has a profound love of learning, and has earned a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English, a Master of Arts in English, a Bachelor of Education, as well as certificates in teaching ESL and adult education. She is currently completing a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing through UBC's optional-residency program.
Paula Jane has experience with all facets of the writing business from working as a bookseller at McNally Robinson Booksellers, an editorial assistant and educational liaison at Thistledown Press, a teaching assistant and Writing Centre tutor at the U of S, and most recently as the Executive Director of the Sage Hill Writing Experience.
She is a member of the Saskatchewan Writers' Guild, a friend of CANSCAIP (Canadian Society for Children's Authors, Illustrators, and Performers), a student member of The League of Canadian Poets, and holds a Professional "A" teaching certificate in Saskatchewan.
Paula Jane currently does freelance writing and editing, and is working on her first young adult novel and a manuscript of poetry.
- Fiction » Literary
- Non-Fiction » Essays
- Poetry » Children's, Literary
- Business/Corporate/Government Writing » Grant Applications and Reports
- Editing » Copyediting, Proofreading
- "Love, Pathos, and Electronics" in Modern Morsels. McGraw-Hill Ryerson, 2012
- "We Light Red Candles" in Fast Forward: New Saskatchewan Poets. Hagios Press, 2007
- Offside: Teacher Resource Guide. Thistledown Press, 2001
- Up All Night: Teacher Resource Guide. Thistledown Press, 2001
| » Literary Journal|
» Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal
- Backyard Ashes
- In Medias Res
- The Fieldstone Review
- The New Quarterly
- The Society
- On Campus News
- Western Canada Aviation & Aerospace
- "Love, Pathos, and Electronics", CBC Radio, 2008
- Part of the 2008 Regional Poetry Face-Off.
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)