- Anne Lazurko's first novel, Dollybird, is winner of the 2014 WILLA Literary Award for historical fiction and was shortlisted for the 2014 SaskPower Fiction Award with the Saskatchewan Book Awards. She is a graduate of the Humber School for Writers and has poetry in Hagios Press, 2007 anthology, [Fast Forward: New Saskatchewan Poets] and short fiction in [Transitions]. Anne is also an award winning freelance journalist and a farmer. She writes and farms near Weyburn Saskatchewan.
- Electronic Media » Blogs
- Fiction » Historical, Literary
- Non-Fiction » Journalism
- Editing » Copyediting
- Genre Writing » Historical Projects
- Journalism » Feature Writing, Trade/Special Interest Magazines
- Dollybird. Coteau Books, 2013
| » Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal|
- Country Guide Magazine
- Saskatchewan Business Magazine
- Research, Interviews and Intuition
- Group Size:So you've found the idea for the perfect story pitch for the perfect magazine, but what now? This workshop will help you figure out where to find the information you'll need, who and how to interview, and what it takes to pull out the important stuff from all you've gathered and put it together into something that will sell.
- Writing Characters into History (fictional or otherwise)
- Group Size:Unearthed a long- buried family story? Want to explore an inciting event in history? Or more fully explore that life-altering moment in your own life? This workshop will help writers of fiction and creative non-fiction alike learn how to choose the most engaging characters, thought-provoking events, and significant details to write the story they've always wanted to tell.
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)