- Brent Loehr, from Muenster, works in the education field and is a published writer.
He played college baseball in the U.S. (North Dakota) where he earned an education degree focusing on English, Physical Education, and Coaching. He later completed a Diploma in Writing at St. Peter's College.
Brent has traveled the globe extensively with the sport of baseball--mainly on summer trips as an Envoy Coach for Major League Baseball International in Europe and Africa. He has also coached locally, provincially, and nationally ranging from the initiation Rally Cap program all the way up to Team Saskatchewan.
After starting a family in 2009, Brent has stayed closer to home spending time with his wife Melissa, and daughters Sarah and Leia. He has also spent more time focusing on another passion: writing.
Previously, Brent was awarded a placement in the Saskatchewan Writers' Guild Mentorship Program and was fortunate to have the opportunity to work with professional editor Ted Dyck. A number of stories have been written by Brent on his experiences with the game of baseball and have appeared in magazines across the country including Prairies North, Swedish Press, The Society, Transition, Westworld, Going Places, and The Canadian Baseball Network.
Brent also enjoys reading and writing about rock music. A story he wrote about Todd Kerns (bass guitarist for Slash) appeared in Canadian Musician.
An anthology of Brent's travel and human interest essays with baseball was published in May of 2015. The Global Baseball Classroom is available worldwide in ebook and paperback from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and other retailers.
- The Global Baseball Classroom. Summer Game Books, 2015
- Following Terry Puhl. The Canadian Baseball Network (online), 2012
- On the Rocks in Hudson Bay. Going Places, 2012
- On the Rocks in Hudson Bay. Westworld, 2012
- The Africa Diaries (an excerpt). The Society (online), 2012
- Todd Kerns: Preparation Meets Opportunity. Canadian Musician, 2012
- Strange Animal. Transition, 2011
- The Swedish Chef. Swedish Press, 2011
- Just a Ball. Prairies North, 2010
- My One and Only Skip. The Society, 2011