- Fawn is a Saskatchewan author who started “Hear My Heart Books Inc.” in 2005 to focus on social issues that affect children, youth and adults.
Hear My Heart Books publishes literacy books and other empowerment tools that address issues such as anti-bullying, violence, gang affiliation, sexual abuse, moving into foster care and other real life circumstances.
Fawn’s objective is to help foster healthy child development and offer children tools that educate and build empathy among children to foster inclusion. Vital information for prevention, intervention and support is transferred through storytelling, productive dialogue and interactive activities. To learn more call (306) 260-1298 or visit www.hearmyheartbooks.ca.
- Fiction » Children's Literature—Picture Books
- Jay. Hear My Heart Books Inc., 2010
- Jay in the Classroom. Hear My Heart Books Inc., 2010
- Jay Mystory Journal. Hear My Heart Books Inc., 2010
- Jay Mystory Journal (Small Version). Hear My Heart Books Inc., 2010
- Bully No More (for K-2, 3-5, 6-8)
- Group Size:BULLY NO MORE - Finally a resolution to the conflict of bullying!
By understanding our thoughts, feelings and actions and how collectively these things define us, we begin to assess and address our actions when we are RED (aggressive), WHITE (passive) and we aspire to BE PINK (assertive).
This presentation shifts thinking toward the positive and reinforces the importance of inclusion while honouring self and others. To learn more visit: http://hearmyheartbooks.myshopify.com/pages/services
- Crisis Management Tools for Children
- Group Size:Fawn provides a train-the-trainer workshop to teachers, counsellors and others who work with children in the community. The training demonstrates how to fully utilize the resources. The workshop is a half-day in duration and incorporates the story, interactive activities and the Mystory Activity Journals. To learn more visit: http://hearmyheartbooks.myshopify.com/pages/services
- Empower ME to be Assertive (Gr. 9-12)
- Group Size:This workshop is specifically designed to teach communication skills through increased self awareness combined with assertiveness training.
➡ Learn how to say no without experiencing negative thoughts and feelings such as: rejection,fear, guilt, shame and anxiety.
➡ Learn to ask for what you want.
➡ Learn to say what you mean and mean what you say.
➡ Get the respect you deserve from others.
➡ Reduce stress.
- THE POWER OF ME (for Gr.3-5 and 6-8)
- Group Size:Important conversations about values and integrity!
This presentation focuses on ‘prevention’. Important conversations that need to happen include: how to gain and maintain your power when others try to steal our energy, mislead us and go against what we know is right. Kids learn how to stay safe, and what to do when they feel stuck in a unhealthy power dynamic. Visit: http://hearmyheartbooks.myshopify.com/pages/services
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)
- Elementary School (K-5)