- Fawn is a Saskatchewan author who started “Hear My Heart Books Inc.” in 2005 to focus on social issues that affect children. During her years as an emergency care home provider, a foster parent and a group facilitator for adult survivors of abuse, Fawn recognized a huge gap in resources for children living in crisis and/or difficult circumstances.
Hear My Heart Books now publishes literacy books and other empowerment tools that address issues such as violence, abandonment, living on the street, gang affiliation, sexual abuse, moving into foster care and other real life circumstances. Fawn calls these crisis management tools for children.
These stories are not only for children in crisis, but for all children and for adults as well.
Through the support of her multi-sector focus group, who critiqued and helped in the development of the first resource "Jay," this excellent resource is now available to professionals who work with, and counsel children.
Fawn’s objective is to help foster healthy child development and offer children tools that can educate them and teach them life and coping skills. Through storytelling, productive dialogue and interactive activities Fawn hopes to raise awareness, educate and build empathy among children, and provide a point of intervention and prevention to those in need.
- Fiction » Children's Literature—Picture Books
- Jay. Hear My Heart Books Inc., 2010
- Jay in the Classroom. Hear My Heart Books Inc., 2010
- Jay Mystory Journal. Hear My Heart Books Inc., 2010
- Jay Mystory Journal (Small Version). Hear My Heart Books Inc., 2010
- Crisis Management Tools for Children
- Group Size:Fawn will provide a train-the-trainer workshop to teachers and others to demonstrate how to fully utilize the resources in the classroom. The workshop is 3 hrs in duration and will incorporate the story, interactive activities and the Mystory Activity Journal. Fawn will also deliver the resource to a classroom, allowing the teacher/s and others at the school to learn through demonstration. In this case, the workshop is delivered in two 90 minute sessions, preferably one day apart.
Audience Age Groups