- Kristine's first YA novel "Throwaway Girl" was published by Dundurn Press and released in October 2014. She has just completed her second YA novel and has two picture books on submission.
Kristine has a special interest in writing as a healing art and offers writing workshops to individuals, schools, community based organizations and other groups. Through her workshops, she offers a safe, gentle approach to writing and wants others to discover how writing can be a useful tool to help heal and grow.
With a background in Psychology and Social Work, she has worked in the school system as well as in community based organizations.
She also works as a freelance writer, and is an editor for Hear my Heart Books in Saskatoon.
- Fiction » Children's Writing—Young Adult
- Genre Writing » Children’s Writing
- Teaching/Instruction » Professional Development Workshops
- Throwaway Girl. Dundurn Press, 2014
| » Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal|
- Boomer Generation Magazine
- Dogs in Canada
- Edmonton's Child
- Fine Lifestyles Saskatoon
- Lake Country Magazine
- Newsletter of the Diocese of Saskatoon
- The Prairie Messenger
- Finding Your Writing Voice
- Group Size:Do you have creativity waiting to be unleashed? Have you always wanted to try writing but have been too scared to try it? Enter a safe, welcoming environment where you can explore all writing has to offer...
- Journaling and Writing to Heal
- Group Size:Those who have experienced trauma or difficult times can experience healing through the process of writing. Using a gentle approach in a safe environment, participants can explore how writing can help improve our personal health and wellness and free us from the pain of the past.
- Words With Power For Kids
- Group Size:A workshop that focuses on self esteem and discovering your natural talents. This workshop focuses on the impact words can have on us and how the words we use can make us feel. It also addresses how writing can help us to discover what is unique and special about ourselves.
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)
- Elementary School (K-5)