- Kristine's first YA novel "Throwaway Girl" was published by Dundurn Press and released in October 2014. Her second YA novel "If This Is Home" is also being published by Dundurn Press and will be released on January 28, 2017.
Kristine works as the writer-in-residence at St. Paul's Hospital in Saskatoon. She has a special interest in writing as a healing art and offers writing workshops to individuals, schools, community based organizations and other groups. Through her workshops, she offers a safe, gentle approach to writing and wants others to discover how writing can be a useful tool to help heal and grow.
- Fiction » Children's Writing—Young Adult
- Genre Writing » Children’s Writing
- Teaching/Instruction » Professional Development Workshops
- If This Is Home. Dundurn Press, 2017
- Throwaway Girl. Dundurn Press, 2014
| » Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal|
- Boomer Generation Magazine
- Dogs in Canada
- Edmonton's Child
- Fine Lifestyles Saskatoon
- Lake Country Magazine
- Newsletter of the Diocese of Saskatoon
- The Prairie Messenger
- Finding Your Writing Voice
- Group Size:Do you have creativity waiting to be unleashed? Have you always wanted to try writing but have been too scared to try it? Enter a safe, welcoming environment where you can explore all writing has to offer...
- Journaling and Writing to Heal
- Group Size:Those who have experienced trauma or difficult times can experience healing through the process of writing. Using a gentle approach in a safe environment, participants can explore how writing can help improve our personal health and wellness and free us from the pain of the past.
- Words With Power For Kids
- Group Size:A workshop that focuses on self esteem and discovering your natural talents. This workshop focuses on the impact words can have on us and how the words we use can make us feel. It also addresses how writing can help us to discover what is unique and special about ourselves.
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)
- Elementary School (K-5)