- Jillian is a writer and freelance editor living in the Qu'Appelle Valley in southern Saskatchewan. She works for SaskBooks and has been attempting for years to finish writing a book. Or several books. She is a blogger and has worked with the Canadian Blog Awards and with the Canadian Weblog Awards. Jillian's writing has been published in "A Gift of the Prairie" (2014), in Prairie Dog, Planet S, and Amazing Stories Magazines, in print newspapers, and her blog content has been syndicated. She also served on the board of directors of the Saskatchewan Book Awards for 7 years.
Jillian writes fiction, poetry, sci-fi/fantasy, horror, creative non-fiction, and silly rhymes. She is actively involved in the roleplaying games and live action games community. For nine years, Jillian hosted "The Bookchick" programme on Regina Community Radio, wherein she reviewed books, interviewed writers and other bibliophiles, and read classic books on air. Recently some of her poetry was published in "A Gift of the Prairie". She is currently working on a novel and a poetry manuscript.
As if that isn't enough, she's a knitter, a sewist, a cookist, a swimmer, and a musician. She's also thinking of taking up women's tackle football. Maybe that's why the book is taking so long...
- Electronic Media » Blogs, Websites, Zines, Other
- Fiction » Erotica, General, Humour, Speculative—Fantasy, Speculative—Horror, Speculative—Science Fiction, Speculative—Supernatural
- Non-Fiction » Essays, General Non-Fiction, Technical
- Poetry » General, Literary
- Academic/Research Writing » Essays
- Advertising » Advertising/Marketing Material, Advertising/Marketing Material, Copy/Scripts
- Business/Corporate/Government Writing » Annual Reports, Brochures, Grant Applications and Reports, Manuals, Summaries/Reports, Studies
- Editing » Copyediting, Copyediting, Manuscript Critiquing (Not Editing), Proofreading, Proofreading, Rewriting, Stylistic Editing, Stylistic Editing, Substantive/Structural Editing, Web-based/Online Editing, Web-based/Online Editing
- Electronic/Online Media » Web Site Writing, Blogging
- Genre Writing » Literary/Creative Fiction
- Ghostwriting » Ghostwriting
- Journalism » Editorials, Feature Writing, Reviews
- Lecturing/Public Speaking » Conferences, Conferences, Keynote Addresses, Special Events
- Media/Public Relations » Media Releases, Public Service Announcements (PSA)
- Teaching/Instruction » Professional Development Workshops
- Editorials/Feature Articles. Prairie Dog Magazine, 2015
- A Rope of Sand. Saskatchewan Arts Alliance Op-Ed Blog, 2015
- OpEd Article. Wadena News, 2015
- A Gift of the Prairie. Last Mountain Lake Cultural Centre, 2014
- Feature Articles. Amazing Stories Magazine, 2013, 2014
- Aurelia. Freelance, 2008
- Feature Articles. New Waterfront Press, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2011
| » Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal|
- Amazing Stories
- New Waterfront Press
- Planet S
- Prairie Dog
- The Outlook
- Wadena News
- The Bookchick, 91.3FM CJTR, 2002-2013
- Hosted a spoken-word feature programme focussing on bibliophiles - publishers, writers, editors, librarians, booksellers, readers, and more. Interviewed writers from all over the world. Also hosted morning and afternoon drive shows and feature programmes.
- Collaborative Storytelling
- Group Size:A workshop focussing on the improvisational nature of group storytelling, and collaborative writing. For older audiences, hands-on writing work; for younger audiences, group story telling. Some improv used in most workshops. Also, totally fun.
- How to Storytell/Games Master a Roleplaying Game
- Group Size:How to tell a story for roleplaying games (table top or live action). Best practices, hints and tricks, and what to do when the plot runs off with the characters and does an interpretive dance.
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)
- Elementary School (K-5)