- Shelley Banks is a poet, editor, journalist, fiction writer, photographer, corporate writer and blogger.
Her poetry collection is forthcoming from Thistledown Press in Fall 2015, and she holds an MFA in Creative Writing and an MA in Journalism, with her work appearing in leading literary magazines, as well as in newspapers and trade, consumer and corporate publications across Canada.
In addition to her extensive newspaper writing and editing experience, Shelley worked for more than 15 years in senior corporate communications roles, developing and managing strategies, websites, newsletters, brochures, marketing and other materials.
Shelley has lived in Vancouver, Montreal and Ottawa — and also in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands — and is now based in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit ShelleyBanks.ca, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fiction » Literary
- Non-Fiction » Journalism
- Poetry » Literary
- Business/Corporate/Government Writing » Annual Reports, Brochures, Newsletters, Speech Writing, Summaries/Reports
- Editing » Copyediting, Proofreading, Stylistic Editing, Substantive/Structural Editing, Web-based/Online Editing
- Electronic/Online Media » Web Site Writing, Blogging, Blogging
- Journalism » Editorials, Feature Writing, Interviews, Photojournalism, General Interest/Consumer Magazines, Trade/Special Interest Magazines, Newspapers, Newspapers
- Media/Public Relations » Media Releases, Public Service Announcements (PSA)
- Teaching/Instruction » Professional Development Workshops
- Exile on a Grid Road. Thistledown Press, 2015
- Short Fiction. Grain Magazine, Spring, Transition,
- Creative Non-fiction. Room of One's Own,
- The Lucky Ones (essay in Eating Apples, Knowing Women's Lives). NeWest Press,
- Poetry. CV2, Carousel, Room, Other Voices, The Antigonish Review, The Society, Spring,
| » Literary Journal|
» Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal
- Other Voices
- The Antigonish Review
- The Society
- Canadian Government Executive
- Homes and Cottages
- Interest (Royal Bank employee magazine)
- Posidonia Business (UK)
- The Globe and Mail
- The Montreal Gazette
- The Observer (United Church of Canada)
- The Vancouver Sun
- Trade and Commerce
- Beyond Snaps: Introduction to Photography
- Group Size:This workshop focuses on visual storytelling for creative photography, aka exposing and composing great shots. Other areas that can be explored include the varying demands of print and online publications, the colours of light, and camera formats.
- Writing for Healing
- Group Size:[i]This workshop looks at the healing power of creative writing to reimagine the past, and transform losses through language, poetry and story.[/i]
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)