- I was born in Regina, Saskatchewan with no intention of ever becoming a writer.
I have lived in many different Saskatchewan communites including Creighton, Martensville, Meadow Lake, Pilot Butte, Prince Albert, Regina and Saskatoon.
My first job was at a Dairy Queen in Saskatoon. Next I worked in the kitchen of a nursing home, washing pots. Then I was a labourer at a meat packing plant. It was there that I met my future husband and also there that I realized it was time to go back to school.
I took a two year Biological Sciences course at Kelsey Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences in Saskatoon. For the next 16 years I worked as a research technician in Neuropsychiatry at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon. Due to a lack of funds, I was laid off.
"A change is as good as a rest" so I decided to return to school. I completed the Teacher Assistant program at SIAST/Kelsey Campus in May 2000, and am now working as an Educational Assistant at Caroline Robins Community School in Saskatoon UNTIL JUNE 30TH, 2016 WHEN I AM RETIRING!
I began writing in 1986. I have had five books published so far - four picture books (three fiction and one non-fiction) and an early chapter book.
The smartest thing I ever did was joining a children's writing group in 1990 - The Children's Writers' Round Robin.
My favourite picture book when I was little was Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss and my favourite chapter book was Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell.
My favourite colour is green.
My favourite season is spring, only slightly ahead of summer.
My favourite hot drink is rooibos tea. (I hate coffee!) My favourite cold drink is milk.
- Fiction » Children's Literature—Picture Books, Humour
- Poetry » Children's, Humourous and/or Nonsense
- Dear Flyary. Kids Can Press, 2012
- Honey Trouble. aemWorks, 2009
- A World of Difference. Whitecap Books, 1999
- Purple Hair? I Don't Care!. Fitzhenry & Whiteside (Kane Miller, USA), 1994 1995
- The Abaleda Voluntary Firehouse Band. Tree Frog Press, 1990
| » Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal|
Audience Age Groups
- Middle School (6-9)
- Elementary School (K-5)