- Bernadette Wagner grew up on a small family farm forty-five minutes north of Regina, Saskatchewan. The gently rolling parkland instilled in her a love of land, the spirit of the prairies, and a commitment to community. She is a multi-genre writer whose work has been featured in journals and anthologies, newspapers and magazines, on radio and television, film and the web, as well as in schools, on stages and in the streets.
She’s received a Saskatchewan Writers Guild Short Manuscript Award for Children’s Literature and a Saskatchewan Book Awards nomination for her collection of poetry, This hot place (Thistledown Press, 2010). And she’s been granted Emerging Artist Awards from the Canada Council for the Arts and the Saskatchewan Arts Board. She has served on the boards of several organizations including the Regina Women’s Community Centre and the Sage Hill Writing Experience. She is currently the Chair of the Cathedral Village Arts Festival and the inaugural writer-in-residence at the Last Mountain Lake Cultural Centre.
- Electronic Media » Blogs, Websites, Other
- Fiction » Children's—Middle Years
- Music-Related » Lyrics—Alternative, Lyrics—Folk
- Non-Fiction » Essays, General Non-Fiction, Journalism, Memoir
- Poetry » Literary
- Business/Corporate/Government Writing » Brochures, Grant Applications and Reports, Manuals, Speech Writing
- Editing » Developmental/Project Editing, Manuscript Critiquing (Not Editing), Stylistic Editing, Web-based/Online Editing
- Media/Public Relations » Media Releases, Public Service Announcements (PSA)
- This hot place. Thistledown Press, 2010
| » Literary Journal|
» Newspaper, Magazine, & Trade Journal
- Prairie Journal
- Room of One's Own
- Canadian Dimension
- the prairie dog
- Blogging 101
- Group Size:Are you thinking about starting a blog but haven't a clue where to start? Do you want to know what options are available to you? Blogging can be an excellent way to connect with others, market your work, create supportive communities and activate your writing brain.
- Get it write!
- Group Size:This workshop is all about writing. Writing exercises will explore sensory detail, concrete language and imagery. All students, no matter their writing level, will experience success. Recommended for Grades 1 to 12.
- In the write space!
- Group Size:A half- or full-day exploration of creativity and writing, incorporating exercises in writing and breathing, creative visualization and an introduction to the workshop method.
- Step up to the mike!
- Group Size:Does a microphone make you nervous? Can't stand standing in front of an audience? Want to improve your delivery of your work? If so, then this workshop is for you! Designed to help you attend to the sounds of language, develop your presentation techniques and experiment with use of a microphone, this experience will enhance any reading you give in the future.
- Write the Earth
- Group Size:A half- or full-day exploration of our connection to Earth and all its beings through hands-on experiences and automatic writing with ample time for sharing.
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)
- Elementary School (K-5)