|Mary Harelkin Bishop|
- Mary Harelkin Bishop has lived in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan since she was 12 years old and considers herself a prairie person. Writing has always been a very important aspect in her life. Mary knew she was a writer when she was nine years old. She cannot imagine life without writing. Her first published book was Tunnels of Time: A Moose Jaw Adventure, by Coteau Books in 2000. This was followed by the sequel, Tunnels of Terror: Another Moose Jaw Adventure, in 2001 and Tunnels of Treachery: A Third Moose Jaw Adventure in 2003. The fourth book in the Tunnels series, Tunnels of Tyranny, was published in spring 2005. In October 2007, the fifth book in the series, Next Stop - Chicago, was published by Trek 2000 Corporation. Seeds of Hope: A Prairie Story was self-published in the fall of 2008. Most recently, Mary has delved into non-fiction, publishing Moving Forward: The Journey of Paralympian Colette Bourgonje in January 2010. Mary has had a few poems and a short story published in local publications as well. In her spare time she loves to spend time with her family and friends walking, biking, skating and skiing. Reading and writing are her passions in life.
- Fiction » Children's—Middle Years, Children's Writing—Young Adult
- Non-Fiction » Biography
- Moving Forward: The Journey of Paralympian Colette Bourgonje. DriverWorks Ink and Emmbee Ink, 2010
- Seeds of Hope: A Prairie Story. DriverWorks Ink and Emmbee Ink, 2008
- Next Stop - Chicago: The Fifth Tunnels of Moose Jaw Adventure. Trek 2000 Corporation, 2007
- Tunnels of Tyranny: A Fourth Moose Jaw Adventure. Coteau Books, 2005
- Tunnels of Treachery: A Third Moose Jaw Adventure. Coteau Books, 2003
- Tunnels of Terror: Another Moose Jaw Adventure. Coteau Books, 2001
- Tunnels of Time: A Moose Jaw Adventure. Coteau Books, 2000
- Bring Your Writing to Life!
- Group Size:This is a session designed to give practical advice, ideas and suggestions from author Mary Harelkin Bishop, author of The Moose Jaw Tunnels Series. The author will share tips and strategies that will help make your writing come to life and provide time for you to do some writing as well. This workshop is for all ages.
- Get the Write Scoop
- Group Size:So, you’ve always wanted to be a writer! This is a session designed to give practical advice, ideas and suggestions from author Mary Harelkin Bishop, author of The Moose Jaw Tunnels Series. The author will share tips that have worked for her on where ideas come from; how to start writing; how to keep interest and excitement building; editing and revising and much more. This workshop is an exciting way to follow your dream of writing! This workshop is for all ages.
- Writing Great Non-Fiction
- Group Size:Writing non-fiction can be fun and rewarding. Mary Harelkin Bishop, author of the Tunnels of Moose Jaw Series has delved into the area of non-fiction with Moving Forward, the biography of Paralympian Colette Bourgonje. In this workshop Mary shares tips, ideas and strategies on how to reserach, have successful interviews and write engaging non-fiction. This workshop is for all ages.
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)
- Elementary School (K-5)