- Anthony Bidulka has enjoyed time well-spent and misspent in the worlds of academia, accounting, footwear, food services and farming. In 1999 Anthony Bidulka, BA, BEd, BComm, CA left a decade long career as a Chartered Accountant to pursue writing.
In 2003, Quill & Quire described Amuse Bouche: A Russell Quant Mystery, as ï¿½...an effervescent first novel that is much like the tasty French hors dï¿½oeuvres from which it takes its nameï¿½, earning Bidulka a nomination for the Crime Writers of Canada Arthur Ellis Award.
With sharp writing, descriptive flair and wry humour, Bidulkaï¿½s mystery series tells the story of the first, and perhaps only, half-Ukrainian, half-Irish, gay, ex-farmboy, ex-cop, Canadian, Saskatchewan prairie, world-travelling, wise-cracking, wine-swilling private detective being written about today.
The Russell Quant series has been nominated for Crime Writers of Canada Arthur Ellis Awards, Saskatchewan Book Awards, a ReLit award and Flight of Aquavit was awarded the Lambda Literary Award for Best Menï¿½s Mystery, making Bidulka the first Canadian to win in that category.
In 2013 Bidulka released the first book in a new series featuring another unique brand of hero, Disaster Recovery Agent Adam Saint.
An avid world traveller, Bidulka has also toured extensively throughout Canada and the United States for speaking engagements and book tours. A great believer in community involvement, Bidulka has sat on boards and committees of Persephone Theatre, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Saskatchewan, AIDS Saskatoon, The Saskatchewan Writerâ€™s Guild, The Saskatchewan Writerâ€™s Guild Foundation, Crime Writers of Canada, and the International Association of Crime Writers. In 2009, Bidulka was a co-founder Camp fYrefly-Saskatchewan and continues to serve of the board. In 2011 Bidulka was an inductee onto the Wall of Honour, College of Education, University of Saskatchewan.
He lives in Saskatoon.
- Aloha, Candy Hearts: A Russell Quant Mystery. Insomniac Press, 2009
- Sundowner Ubuntu: A Russell Quant Mystery. Insomniac Press, 2007
- Stain of the Berry: A Russell Quant Mystery. Insomniac Press, 2006
- Tapas on the Ramblas: A Russell Quant Mystery. Insomniac Press, 2005
- Flight of Aquavit: A Russell Quant Mystery. Insomniac Press, 2004
- Amuse Bouche: A Russell Quant Mystery. Insomniac Press, 2003
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)