- Vincent Murphy is a Regina-based story performer, playwright, entertainer, keynote speaker, humourist and workshop facilitator.
Keynotes and Workshops:
Inspirational, informing and entertaining.
Life and living topics of interest and value to all ages. Featuring: "How to Get Along with Your Self and Other People"
Vincent has created many dramatizations, entertainment and storytelling performance concerts at a wide variety of venues for thousands of appreciative audience members throughout Saskatchewan, across Canada and Overseas.
His original dramatizations are created from authentic historical information. Yet, the performances abound with captivating life-and-time vignettes, dramatic flair and humour that capture the imagination of the audience.
He also performs a variety of highly entertaining stories ranging from narratives, Raven Tales and Prairie Tales & Northern Adventures. Suitable for all ages.
Tommy Goes to War - School and memorial performances
Tribute to the Troops - Royal Saskatchewan Museum
Victorian Christmas and Not Who but Watt! at Government House, Regina
Winter Solstice - St. Michaels Retreat, Lumsden
Can You Saaay Saskatchewaaan? Regina Fringe 2010
Relive! The Regina Tornado! Regina Fringe, July 4 to 8, 2012
PLUS: Employee and volunteer groups, museum, school and library appearances
Community fairs and festivals.
PLUS CBC Radio 540 & CJTR Community Radio, Regina
"Vincent has a way of bringing a diverse group of people together..."
"Your use of humour was very much appreciated."
"We are still giving each other 'WOWS of wonder! Thanks for the great workshop."
"The children enjoyed 'being there' in your story."
"Imagine - a horse driving a tractor - and eating pizza! The children were really enthralled."
References available upon request
Go to www.imaginevincentmurphy.com
- Storytelling » Storytelling
Productions of Plays
- Can You Say Saskatchewaaan?, Imaginethat! Productions, Regina, 2009
- Checkout at the Check Out, Globe Theatre, Regina, 2007
- Another One Bites the Dust, Globe Theatre, Regina, 2006
- Story Emporium Radio Show, CJTR, 2007
- Producer and Host: World-Famous Story Emporium. One hour of original story material, guest performances,contributed and story song material. Fourth year of presentation. Saturday at 9:00 am - Thursday at 10 am. CJTR Radio 91.3 FM Regina.
- Storytelling - CBC, CBC 540 Radio One, 2006
- CBC: Since 2006 Live-to-air feature performances of original stories on CBC Radio - Noon Edition/Blue Sky and The Afternoon Edition. Stories themed to historical events, celebrations, weather, current events.
- Getting Along with My Self and Other People
- Group Size:The secret to personal success is that there is no secret. Getting Along requires awareness, acceptance and action. Learn the process of discovery, the process of successful change and how not to get a life but to live your own life.
Highly interactive, informal and respectful shared-learning environment.
- Keys to Creative Expression
- Group Size:Time to open up the vaults and let the creativity flow....
Unlock the wealth of personal creative ability within. Highly informal, interactive and stimulating shared-learning. Improv, Clowning Around, Write for Life, music, song and Imagination Magic make this a very invigorating and valuable experience.
Ideal for ages 12 to 112. Let's make the magic happen!
- Personal Communication Skills
- Group Size:Self-talk, conversational skills, voice and body language, presentation skills, interview technigues. All valuable skills to help you achieve personal comfort, self-confidence and professional success
Audience Age Groups
- Secondary School (10-12)
- Middle School (6-9)
- Elementary School (K-5)